Yes this Dance is going VIRAL and Westmeath Volunteer Centre have joined forces with Westmeath Community Development’s SICAP Programme and have decided to take on the Garda challenge as part of the “ Keep Well Campaign “. We are inviting members of Social Inclusion community groups to join us for a bit of fun.
We are putting together a video which will be launched on St Patricks Day because sadly all parades are cancelled again this year.
For health and safety reasons anyone wishing to take part will have to do this in their own family bubble at home or in their garden, so as not to break any COVID 19 restriction rules.
We hope by getting involved it will help you feel connected to your community and it’s a great bit of exercise.
How do I get involved?
Chat to members of your group to see if anyone is interested in taking part. If so then let us know that you are interested and the name of your group.
- Complete the Entry Form by downloading here and return it to us ASAP
- Once your entry form has been received you will receive instructions on how to send us your video clip.
- Learn the steps to the Jersalema dance- available on YOU TUBE
- Ask a member of your family/bubble to video your routine, dancing to the tune, when you have the steps learned..( this can be done using a mobile phone)- the video clip should be the length of the dance tune, no more than 3 minutes. (This will be edited by our video technician).
- If possible wear something GREEN to mark St Patricks day
- The closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 12th March 2021 @1pm
- Further info to follow on Competition prizes so watch our website/Facebook